Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Organic Sunday Market



There's a Saturday market at Salcedo and there's this Sunday market at Legaspi. Both at Makati which by now, I think, are equally popular weekend markets.I guess, it depends on which day you are available_Saturday or Sunday?

As for me,I frequent more the Saturday at Salcedo. This was actually my first at Legaspi, although a friend has been mentioning this to me for the longest time.



So.. what dya' have here?



- Dried fish sans the foul smell



- Fresh fruits, premium quality



- Organic fruits



- Organic vegatables



- Organic sugarcane shakes



- Organic chicken essence, bottled?



- Organic farm carabao cheese



- Freshly baked breads, usually healthy whole wheat



-Chocolates, organic, in varied forms (powder,bars,cakes)



-Cooked Filipino dishes, ready to eat or take home to your lunch table



- Dimsums, yum!



- More dimsums



- Sausages, his favorite at Salcedo and how glad he was to find them here too



My kids found their favorites too and had to ask money from me to indulge



- Cotton candy,organic too?




Food tasting (common in all weekend markets like this)still rules as a marketing tool here. This works well, that many times I would end up buying on the spot when I shouldn't.



- Yogurt smoothie, such a delight to find one here




The highlight of our Sunday market at Legaspi was the eat- all-you- can-buffet lunch.Not bad for P200 only, you get to taste all the vendors' cuisines. All 60 entries, that was if you could put them all in one regular paper plate! It was just one way round.



With the plate came a plastic cup for a drink and a plastic bowl for the soup.




-My his plate. haha! In it were his favorite Filipino dishes. I told him_"sayang you have to try those international cuisines". Then bragged to him my plate.




-My plate. I put anything that were not familiar. At the end, sayang pala was my plate. It was hardly touched. My gustation was not working right




The place was jampacked with people, so we had to share a table with these strangers from Middle East who where raising their eyebrows while looking to my untouched couscous ( did I spell it right?)








See yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista