Sunday, September 16, 2012

Black Canyon Coffee

The Food Street of Southmall smells laggard in terms of filling in the restaurant spaces along this new wing. With only limited choices, we find ourselves  dining in the same restos.



Black Canyon Coffee is one of them. It is so much more than a coffee shop. It serves Thai cuisine but again not limited to. I browsed over the menu and found it very extensive. From soup to salad to sandwiches to pastas to rice plates to cakes to many other dishes. It's so easy to forget that you are in a coffee shop. I only dined here twice. This was the second.


 
The first time was a month or two ago with my Sydney based girlfriend who loves Thai cuisine. I had a plate of  phad Thai which I liked and a rice plate with spicy shrimp for my friend. Both of us got tall glasses of   fraps. I think mine was chocolate something.  We weren't disappointed..



... So when daughters nudged me to bring them in, I was easy.


 
My girls went straight ordering each a glass of fraps.One got black hazelnut frappe and the other one got black crunch frappe. Both were almost done when their main dishes were served.



green curry stir-fried rice with tuna stuffed in omelette. I was not that keen yet on eating so I thought I would play and try. I got interested with this looong named dish. Nor I'm fond of green curry. I just thought this must be interesting. Looked like it but then I consumed no more than 3 spoonfuls and was done. The tuna tasted nothing fancier than the canned ones. The whole dish was real spicy. I was longing for some detour taste, like a dash of sweetness and a bit of sourness. Perhaps I was just being biased cos before that day I had a Japanese or was it Korean? rice omelet too with seafood on it, topped with mayo dressing which I loved so much.


 
fried prawn with tamarind sauce. This plate was my daughter's. She just ordered a plate of plain rice with it. I got to eat some pieces myself. Breaded prawns were good but the sweet tamarind sauce was kindah new to us. It's the sweet and sour of the Chinese cuisine with a kick of sourness of tamarind.


 
fried fish with kotsu fried rice. This was a hit to my other daughter. She had the plate clean slate  in less than 20 minutes. She always loves fish fillet that's why.



I guess my older daughter enjoyed our meal here, so much so that the following weekend..



... she had her date here with her bestfriend.


 
And guess what they ate --> the fried fish with kotsu fried rice.



For fraps they got cookie & cream frappe and chocolate frappe. good thing beverages here are relatively more affordable than other more popular coffee shop in the metro.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista