Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sedap Corner

For decades, Mi goreng from Indonesia used to reign our table when the residents were struck with craving for  instant super spicy noodles. Used to, cos now we have a new favorite instant noodle at home. The one from Korea.



Anyway going back to " mi goreng" being a product of Indonesia, you would have thought that it was just appropriate that I should have had first tasted the "un-instant" version of it in Indonesia, where else??. But no! I had a plate of it at Johor Bahru, Malaysia. haha.



I was so ready to just "pizza hut" but brother and bff saw an outlet in the mall which was serving local Malay dishes. We were at City Square, a mall at JB where relatively most familiar international fast food chains can be found. But enough of Kenny Roger's, J. Co, Starbucks,etc., My travel buddies pushed me to sit on a chair in Sedap Corner.



But since this was just another fast food outlet in a mall, we cut ourselves from expecting for authentic flavors of the dishes. When we randomly walked-in, we had no idea that Sedap Corner has been in the culinary market since the late 80's and was actually quite popular in the region and beyond.



When you least expecting it, your expectation tends to be met easily. From zero, no other number to get down to. So, my carnivore of a brother had "beef rendang". I actually stopped counting how often he had ordered this dish, during that particular Singapore-Malaysia trip. I think, wherever/whenever it's available, he had this.


At Sedap Corner, it actually came as meal with rice, some veggies vinaigrette and a handful of "kropek" . Well, no need to ask brother how was it cos all beef rendang, he likes.



nasi goreng kampung



nasi goreng too. Two platters of nasi goreng kampung were ordered by the two girls.



Me ofcourse_ordered...



.. mi goreng, whatelse! Fried mee siam. Too spicy I didn't finish it and shared the plate to the group. I kindah like the instant pack version better, haha.



For desserts, I'm now quite confuse which one we got from this dessert outlet across Sedap Corner. But on the table we got the following :



bubur cha cha. It was quite like our local "guinatan halo halo". And just now I realized I already have a post about this dessert here.



 Including other desserts and coolers we had could be seen in that post also.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista