Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bubur Cha-cha


When we spotted  a Rasa Sayang Dessert Corner in one of the malls at JB, Malaysia, we had to make a quick dessert stop cos brother was dying to have a taste of_ _ _

'
'
'
'


bubur cha-cha - a Malaysian dessert in coconut milk



While I had my all time favorite ais kacang. . 



the rest in the table, quenched their thirst with some refreshments. .



I checked my brother's bubur cha-cha and realized how very close it is to our own "ginataang halo-halo" ( a Filipino dessert made of almost of the same ingredients ). Both are coconut milk based, with a medley of various root crops like purple yam, taro root and both have tapioca or sago.
However, we all agreed that our own ginataang halo-halo is more delicious. haha! What could you expect?_ love your own!   Ours is actually creamier cos we usually add milk and has hundreds of other root crops and fruits
added.
 I guess, many times we tend to be biased on what we grew-up with. When we saw bubur cha-cha and saw it as a look-alike of our ginataang halo-halo, already we had an expectation that it should taste exactly as the latter. So when the other fell short in sweetness, creaminess and of other ingredients, it definitely disappointed us.
I don't speak Malay, for all my ignorance _ bubur cha-cha might be an exact Malay translation of the Filipino word- ginataang halo-halo. Can be?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista