Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gourmet Cold Cuts


As we say_between two evils, choose the lesser evil...
..well, my family loves to eat meat in any form, but most especially in cold cuts. You know, the ham,bacon,sausage,salami,..the preservatives and the fats!!! My aspiration to make my dining table green and fresh remains to be a wish upon a star.

And so_ if you can't beat them, join them...
.. what I do lately is buying these cold cuts from stores which claim to produce these meats bereft of preservatives and less salt. Huumhp..what else can I do?..I choose the lesser evil.





Most accessible to get these products is from the grocery. Le Gourmet in Shopwise offers a wide variety of meats & cheeses. The kind of food you would buy from gourmet shops like Santi's. Everytime we do our weekly grocery in Shopwise (Alabang), I make sure to drop by to this corner to buy for my family's sandwiches and salads.



















- these square cut hams, would be dressed in mayo and pasted with cheese slices, would kick straight to my girl's sandwiches as snacks for school or at home after school.






















- honey ham would oftenly land to my salads to offer sweetness to balance the saltyness and sourness of the dressings I pour over the vegies.

















_ beef salami for our homemade pizza and tasteful also for pasta dishes.






















_my hubby invented his cocktail crackers with this meat rolls cut in bits and top on the crackers. good as tv snacks at home



Another grocery that has this gourmet cold cuts is SM in Makati. I couldn't remember the name of the store, it's inside the grocery too. I also buy there whenever we do our grocery there.

Well, everybody's happy now!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You have a very nice blog! If you do have time please visit my website, Goodish Cooking, it's about cooking and doing it the healthy way.

    and by the way, i love italian cold cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista