Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oyster Sunday


Sunday mornings are always fresh lumpia trip to Bacoor and one of these Sundays (of this month) while I was at the peak of nibbling a piece of rolls,I stumbled upon a vendor who sold real fresh oysters which personally harvested by her husband. The vendor was referred to me by the lumpia vendor, but I was having second thoughts about buying or not.



I have never prepared/cooked oyster at home. The few times that I remember eating oysters were at the parties and oyster bars/restaurants.I took a minute asking instructions from the vendor on how to clean and prepare the oysters:

- wash and clean the oyster's shell (I didn't just washed it,I intricately brushed each!)
- boil water
- pour over the shelled oysters
- remove the water
- the oysters are now ready to be opened

For recipes, I had one or two ideas, digging up from my recollections of oyster concoctions I had tasted from the past.

I went home excited with one huge can of oysters.



At home, I whisked each shell to prettiness. As instructed, I soaked them in hot water and witnessed the death of these species.




The water bubbled,as if the oysters were fighting for their last breaths (soft melancholy music
please..:<)
.


My brother opened one and we were satisfied to the freshness of the meat.







I was willing to try opening the shells myself, but my kind brother took the task as he thought it wouldn't be easy for me. He used a bread knife and watching him doing it seemed easier as it actually was , that was according to the one doing it







I did vinaigrette dip (see recipe on the next post) to garnish the oyster.



We gulped one after another and had to remind my partner in crime to slowdown because I wanted to try some baked oysters.



I prepared the oysters for baking.I arranged them on top of salt bed the way I saw them presented in a cooking show I recently watched on television.



After less than 20 minutes_tadahh!!_Baked oyster (see recipe on the next post),
sooo delicious! We finished them all on the spot and I headed on my 3rd recipe.



Kilawin na oyster. (see recipe on the next post). This one was my brother's pick among the three.



Empty shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista