Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cafe Oaxaca

Ola! It's almost Christmas_ just 10 days to go ! It's a season of dining out almost everyday. With friends coming in to visit the country, my food album is ballooning with photos and the web host where I keep my pictures starts to refuse my uploads. Also I got tons of back log posts. Blogging doesn't come easy now a days with me always out in the real world.
Here's one of my back log posts which was interrupted by uninterrupted invites, but now_already done and ready to serve you_ _ :



Cafe Oaxaca_ reads as wah-hah-kah, is a Mexican resto and bar inside the exclusive Pueblo por la Playa, a country club in Pagbilao Quezon.







The interior was very Mexican except for the use of open kitchen which reminded me of other culinary race. The menu thu' was eclectic and was not limited to Mexican food.



I love quesadillas, tacos, fajitas, empanadas, lengua. . . but I knew I wouldn't get a chance to taste anyone of these Mexican dishes. My family was too hungry ( coming from a 6 hours traffic jam trip from Manila to here) and not in the mood to eat other than old Filipino foods which the resto was offering too.



pork sinigang was good but the soup was not enough for all of us. our request for additional soup was ignored :(



grilled pla-pla



crabs in coco cream. we missed our home style cooking of this dish which we all agreed was still the best.



. . these hands ( cuz' ) said otherwise so. look how the hands enjoyed the crabs.



cupped rice



Those all we had and we were ready for the bed.



On our way out, only then ( cos we were so exhausted from the long trip) that we appreciated the band playing. It was a tequila night.



Getting closer, I saw a familiar face_ a classmate from elementary school. We didn't have a chance to chitchat thu' so I just took a photo of his band.











The toilets were also so Mexican-y pretty.

Ahoritita vengo !!!
*see our room here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista