Monday, December 6, 2010

MXT Tea House, Baguio


When the weather is cold , everyone likes to sip a hot soup, right? We actually love shabu-shabu (hot pot) and for the second time_ our first lunch in Baguio upon arriving to this chilly city was at MXT Tea House at SM. That would be before checking -in a hotel. I would have had refused the idea of taking lunch there if it wasn't for our cousins from Davao who wanted to try a shabu-shabu for the first time. My issue is that dining at MXT, Baguio is not at all elevated-ly different from eating at MXT, Ongpin (China town,Manila). The issue of hygiene remains. Utensils at their cheapest forms.



We went for all -meat. The other choices were_ seafood and all-vegies.












Since, cuzin Che and I frequent some shabu-shabu houses in Manila, we felt we were  experts ( really ???) to teach our older relatives from Davao the basics of shabu-shabu.


I only ate a bowl of hot shabu-shabu soup, thinking that the boiling soup would surely kill any living bacteria, in case it's confirmed.



fried chicken, covered with kropek?



pancit canton, very tempting

No doubt that MXT dishes are all delicious. But the issue of hygiene kept me away from enjoying the chinese dishes.



As if I was calling for it, after this last photo, we saw a cockroach crawling from a plastic tiny bowl in our table !!! Immediately, I called the attention of the food server. He said nothing. As if it's a normal-daily occurrence, he just took out the said bowl. Nada!
That was it!!! I totally lost my appetite and ran out of the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista