Monday, January 17, 2011

Roasted Sesame Dressing

Since yesterday until tomorrow, my younger daughter is my lunch-at-home mate. She's having her periodical exams and hence on a half day scheds. This girl is more of her dad's diet, those junk fastfoods I hate. Burgers and hotdogs are favorites. So to meet her halfway, I eat adobo or tocino and rice with her. We both love Ligo sardines though.
Wednesday and Friday are my older daughter off from classes and so for this 3rd sem (her last of her first year), she's my lunch buddy. This ate eats the same as me. She likes everything I like.



When she's around, I don't have to think otherwise what to prepare. I just add volume to what I usually have everyday when I'm alone. Salad is a regular. I just varied it according to what's available inside the fridge. Last Friday, we had crab-mango salad.



A day ago, we went up to Tagaytay, I bought lots of freshly pick lettuce and have them stored in the fridge. The romaine was still crisp and fresh, loveth! Romaine is my favorite lettuce variant. It has no hint of bitterness at all. The mangoes were from Tagaytay too. They were super sweet. The sweetest crabs were ofcourse from my hometown in Quezon prov.
I dressed this salad with sesame dressing which is really-really my favorite. I bought that huge bottle of roasted sesame dressing less than a month ago. Look, how I consume it so fast. It's already about just 1/4 of the bottle. I'm addicted to it. It's quite expensive for a salad dressing but I thought it's worthy cos I tend to eat greens everyday if I have this dressing. My brother is suggesting for us to try making our own sesame dressing, and would based it from this brand which is my favorite. Yeah, I guess I'll try that. I'll be saving a lot from doing my own. If I got it right, I'll share with you the recipe. Promise ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista