Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fatless Shabu-Shabu


Tagaytay was smoking cold the other day when we went up. It was also raining non-stop.



So the plan to bring my tourist? cuz' Sylvia to a garden moonlight dinner was washed away by the rainfall. Instead, we made a stop to a newly opened shabu-shabu (hotpot) resto by the road - Fatless Shabu-Shabu. The word fatless pulled us straight right into the entrance of the resto.



The only stuff that made us think twice was the emptiness of the resto. That was just for a second. We were all chilling and majority wanted some piping hot soup. We are all gearing towards a healthy new year so the famous bulalo of the area was temporarily dismissed.






We ordered a set menu for 4-6 persons which included rice and drinks already.



The seafood/meat plate was good. The fresh squid came late thu'. It was served when all of the stuff were already in the pot. But turned out okey anyway.



I was liking the idea that we were shabu-ing at chilled Tagaytay and had a good feeling that vegetables were all fresh.



Condiments. I missed the flavor-fullness of authentic chinese /vietnamese sate sauce. In here, sate paste was quite bland and didn't fully glorify the tasty soup we were used to, from other shabu-shabu resto we frequent in Manila.







My first bowl. I didn't touched the rice. I don't eat rice with shabu-shabu. for me it's already a complete meal. With corn in it, I'm good to go.



Overall, I like the place. It's new ( only opened a month ago), clean and fresh. I also like that it's not big and therefore not busy. I hate crowded place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista