Monday, March 4, 2013

Cafe France: Couture Tray

I frequent Cafe France ( formerly named DeliFrance ) not to dine-in but to buy1/take1 pastry products nearing closing store hours.  My girls and I love their breads. Me especially if they are 50% off, haha. While in q to pay, I would see their food display with delicious looking salad, pasta, meat dishes and desserts. I would always make a mental note to try dining in the cafe but would find myself always coming back for the buy1/take1 and always rushing, haha.



Last weekend, we were at MOA as usual with jampacked restos when it was time to eat. Exiting F21, we saw Cafe France looking minimal in terms of nos. of table occupied. Us_ as you know hate heavily crowded dining place, found Cafe France just the place to eat this time. Funny that after 158 years we had to try it first in MOA, when a nearest branch to our home is just 5 minutes drive.




Anyway, I got to try the Pierre Tray Couture. Sounds like a high fashion brand huh? Ok I'll make it easy_ it's actually a set meal. A french gourmet tray of pasta & sandwich combi with soup, dessert, and a drink. Other trays couture named as Adelle, Marguerite, and Philippe.



 Pierre Tray Couture is a seafood set meal with seafood marinara pasta and seafood deluxe clubhouse sandwich as main dishes. I hadn't paid so much attention to the soup served in a shot glass and just had a bit of it using it as a dip for the bread sticks included in the meal.




I loved the seafood marinara so much so I finished it in a bit. I liked its marinara sauce with generous amount of shrimps. I thought the pasta serving was small thu'. But the sandwich I didn't finish. I still have to find suitable crab sandwich for myself and this is not the one.




While my rice meal baby ( older daughter ) had ordered a rice meal of course. She had a plate of Chicken French in Bechamel Sauce ( ala carte ). It was breaded chicken fillet in white sauce with white rice.



She didn't like it and just shared my set meal. She had it taken home for her sister. At home, younger daughter surprisingly had  liked it or was it only because she was so damn hungry already when we arrived home?

So there_ our 1st at Cafe France. I think we're going to come back to try their other tray couture, preferably at the nearest branch. And yes I would continue to be a loyal patron of their buy1take1, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista