Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dampa. Macapagal

Lately, I don't get to eat at Dampa, Macapagal as I used to when I was working and Friday dinners with office mates usually ended there for the benefit of our ranting stomachs and wallets too. For those few who don't know about the place, it's an eating lot with wet market on the side. You buy your fresh seafood from the market, then bring your raw goodies to your choice of resto and have them cooked per your style. Cooking fee charges per kilo.
Dampa is good for big group. Prices of seafood are reasonable and you get to maximize the number of plates of dishes on the table. For instance, if you buy a kilo of salmon fish, you could ask to cook it half steak and the other half as a soup (sinigang).


icor,lulu,me & raisa

Lulu, a friend who is NY based is in Manila for a short visit. She missed Filipino dishes so much and Icor suggested a lunch in Dampa.


I went with Icor to the market and was amazed how well she managed the wet marketing . Considering that her household is full of maids and this senora, is admittedly zero knowledge in the kitchen department, she was quite a pro in Dampa. That's because she said she frequent the place with her huge clan.

The fresh sea foods ended up in our table with one hue_ orange ! I don't like a table sans a fresh color of green which to me is an implication of healthy vegetable. Anyway, that was just me, the rest of table was happy with the dishes so I was happy too.



shrimps- fried & in sweet-chili sauce


crabs, singaporean and in sweet chili sauce


junjun & cris



salmon, siniang sa miso & steak



salted & peppered squid




The lunch was full of burping moments !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista