Tuesday, October 23, 2012

J.CO Donuts

If I were Snowhite, the jealous stepmother/queen could have never  poisoned me with an apple. I don't like apple.  But she could easily have poisoned me with a doughnut..
... preferably J.CO Donuts !!! Addiction to the max!! After its first store opened ( SM Megamall) in Manila this year, sometime in March, we had to wait for a nearer branch (SM MOA) to open last May this year also, so we could start our wicked indulgence.




And please wicked stepmother queen_ minimum of one box, so you could include my two daughters too in this fairy tale massacre. haha. Weird but this latest J.CO craze of us is a huge massacre of our healthy diet.. a mad guilty pleasure, the three of us couldn't resist! We had never been this crazy to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, for the record.


 At this point we have already created a list of favorites. I love the " black forest" one. I'm sure it's not what they call it at J.Co, but eventhough I've eaten more than 100 pcs of it by this time ( #pure exaggeration:), I still don't know how they call it there. I just point a finger for it to be included in the box. I also love the one with blueberry filling. I also don't know the name, haha. I wanna indulge, without the torture of memorizing each doughnut name.


 Older daughter would have anything that has chocolate and in dark colors..




Younger daughter favors the white chocolate flavored and anything with coffee on it.




But we don't actually stop ourselves from trying the other flavors. So far, we love everything we let J.CO puts in our boxes. Only we haven't tried the savory ones yet. Maybe later..




I actually only had been once in a J. Co store at MOA. Only once so far cos everytime we passed by it, the queue was mad long. I haven't been to Megamall branch and still waiting for ATC (Ayala Town Center) branch to open.



I got lucky to walk-in with a breezy queue inside. It was only because it was sooo off-peak hour/day. It was a Tuesday at 2pm.



Luckily too, that day they had a free yogurt with toppings came in every dozen of doughnuts bought. I came to love their yogurt too.



I was sure if my younger daughter was with me that day, she would surely never make a pass to taste their fraps.



Isn't it cool? They name each section with J.CO like J.COffee and J.COol. The store at MOA is quite small. It's really just appropriate as to-go. The size of the store is too claustrophobic for a dine-in.



My older daughter is actually our official buyer of J.CO. After school she would drop at the store to grab some take home for us. She actually introduced this sinful pastry to me and her sister. I remember seeing a store of this in Indonesia and Singapore but I hadn't gotten the chance to try.



Last week, on a Thursday, she called-up to ask if we wanted some J.CO cos she was at MOA and wanted some for herself. Surewhynot. Only, she said, she had to battle a queue. I replied if it's mad do it next time. But she insisted and thought it wouldn't take the whole afternoon of her. Big mistake. She got home already after sunset.




At home she showed me a photo of the queue she took while on it. That mad!!!



Wt#!!!!





2 comments:

  1. yummy. i just hate lining up esp. it's always super long :( my top 3- don mochino, alcapone and choconuttzy.

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista