Thursday, November 5, 2009

Singapore Chicken Rice


If there's one dish in my recent Singapore trip that I had overly feasted upon it would be the chicken rice. There are many variations of Chicken Rice; Hainanese steamed white chicken, soy sauced chicken, roasted chicken, deep-fried chicken, the list goes on.








To describe it simply_ it's fillet of chicken meat on top of a cup of rice.



=> my chicken rice at the Hawkers











Not much of a rice eater, on my next chicken rice grapple, I went for the noodle option which was to replace the rice portion.


















=> my chicken rice/noodle at Sentosa


After the first day of chicken, I thrived to duck rice/noodle on the next Singapore days.

==> my duck rice/noodle at Night Safari



Chicken Rice is unofficially voted the Singapore National Dish; the other dishes up for the poll were Chilli Crab, Char Kway Teow, Laksa among others.


















The prices range from S$5 to S$15, depends on the place where you savor this favorite dish.










3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice theme!. When the browser loads the header, I am already drooling and craving for Shrimp!. Finally a theme that speaks for the contents. Advent of blogging never hold the time I was in Singapore. If I were to post about Singapore, its nothing but food.
    I wonder how many pounds you have gain, from your "just had" visit. The Singapore chicken rice was my daily favorite, I mean literally my almost everyday meal. it's so simple to order, You can just say "Chicken FliedLice" LOL!
    I haven't seen the stir fry Noodles with shrimp. I forgot the name. But the taste of that one really binds to my tongue, every time I smell the herb the sides of my tongue is oozing with uncontrollable slobbering.
    I wasn't surprised that your blog will be flooded with these. But I was too suspired with longing to taste that food again. Oh my God, Hanky please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello nell,
    chicken flied lice_ hahaha!
    let me tell you,i had other more chicken rice meals at other Sing restos but by then i had too much of it and i lost appetite to take photos. the last chicken rice i had there, i hardly touched it. too much of it ,i think. but now that we are talking about it, i suddenly want a plate of it again.
    you are so right, i gain about 6 pounds or more :))

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista