Sunday, October 11, 2009

from the sea to my kitchen































Fresh catches from the sea_ of my hometown G.Q.

6 hours drive from Manila, here are my rewards! Fresh,prime quality and cost 50% cheaper from Manila markets.







Taking them home to my urban kitchen I try to be a lil' creative, add some colors and texture to these gifts from mother ocean.






- greens for this sea food soup

- saute' everything ( crabs,prawns & squid) in garlic,onion & ginger. submerge them in broth and sprinkle with chopped greens. salt & pepper to taste.

















-turns the blue-ness of these crabs to orange-ness


- steam the crabs











- and pair with my own vinegar dip concoction














- out of the shell and a cake creation

- crab cake recipe * see in my Sept. archive_ posted as "Crab Cake"












- lace the prawns with white sotanghon thread in a piping hot soup
- submerge the prawns in a sea food broth. add in sotanghon noodles and petchay.













- balance the sea saltiness of the shrimp with the sourness of the tamarind in an all time pinoy favorite sinigang soup

- create sinigang broth with natural fresh tamarind or use prepared powdered pack. add in the veggies and last in the shrimps.











- all in now_ Fiesta Palabok

- see recipe in Oct. archive_posted as "Pancit Palabok"






Serve to and enjoy by my family of voracious eaters. Prepare and cook by a frustrated chef of the family=> meeh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista