Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bee Cheng's Bakkwa


While at the China Town of Singapore, I was happy to find a Bee Cheng Hiang shop. This is the most famous maker (if not the first- 1933?) of bak kwa. I had my first taste of it in Hongkong. In the package it was written that it's originally came from here, Singapore.



Bak kwa is thinly sliced meat in different spices. Some are sweet, others are noticeably spicy.
When I first took this home as pasalubong to my family, they readily listed it as one of their favorites.

We rarely buy this in Manila as with the peso sign flashing obvious costly price. I saw a branch of this in Robinson's. Atleast, in foriegn currency, it's able to trick me out of affordabilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista