Monday, June 14, 2010

The Original Buco Pie


A recent weekend_ we passed Los Banos, Laguna and saw a long queue of people infront of a buco (coconut) pie store. No push needed, cuzin' Che and I shouted halt to our car and got off to join the buco piers queue.





can you spot us?


there we are !



This store claimed to be the original maker of buco pie in this side of Luzon and so exactly they named the store with the same shout out _The Original.




First of all, I like all pastries made of coconut. The long queue of patrons was really inviting, take note that in this vicinity, buko pie stores were nestling side by side, and yet this particular store got the biggest crowd of buyers.

Immediately, I took a bite and had my first taste of The Original buco pie. Well, the long waiting was not quite worth it. Nothing so special. It tasted common if at all_a little bland for my sweet tooth. What I liked about it was the coconut meat. Very fresh and meaty.

I still prefer Collete's thu'.

1 comment:

  1. i love buco pie!! one of my faves is the buko tart in Rowena's or Amira's in tagaytay. Rowena's ube tart is so good too.

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista