Monday, June 28, 2010

Papa Piolo's Bangus


The other day, while I was frying milkfish bangus marinated in vinegar and garlic, which for the first time by the way_ I bought prepared from the supermarket, I usually prepare my own, I heard Myka telling Kyla : "Mom is cooking Papa Piolo's bangus !"



Kyla checked me in the kitchen and confirmed what her sis told her. I asked why they called this Piolo's bangus? Only then I gathered that our local movie star Piolo Pascual is endorsing the product and the girls have seen the tv ads many times.



Funny, my youngest thought the ads made me bought the product, hhaha! First of all, I haven't seen the ads. And the the thing that made me bought this was because I wasn't able to to go the wet market to buy our fresh food supplies for the week. So I thought I would try this Century bangus, anyway I love Century canned tuna. I picked the marinated belly, since none of us eat the head of the fish. The part is often left untouched.

The verdict ? Well, not bad. But not that great too. . . puede na rin. We still prefer my homemade version. Otherwise, I'll still buy it the next time I miss to go to a wet market to buy fresh bangus. Although, I think it's a good product to send to relatives abroad who miss our bangus, that is if they couldn't find any in their areas and have no time to make it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista