Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Our Daily Breads @ 50% Off


Have you tried lining up for daily closing sale of French Baker? Ofcourse I, my penny pincher self, did!.. a number of times. Everyday upon closure of the mall at night, FB is selling the remains of the day for 50% off. In the concept of everything must go!..tonight!, because tomorrow would be a new, freshly baked goodies in regular prices day!








I live near a mall, like 10 to 15 mins. or less away drive. Right beside the entrance gate of this mall is a French Baker store. There was a time that I craved for a cheese cake and it was quite late to to go to my favorite confectionery. Then the idea of FB's daily 50% jelled in and we ran to the store as quick as the idea came.



When I reached the store, I forgot all about the cheese cake. I was, by the way, the last costumer in, so I got the last turn to choose and buy. I was eyeing on the last pack of wholewheat bagels. It would jell well with my cream cheese sitting for almost a week then in my fridge. *Wish, wish_no one would get that bagel pack.




Then I turned my gaze around and saw two packs of whole wheat tortilla bread. I counted quite a lot of potential fillings resting in my fridge, like lettuce, tomatoes, and oh I even got a bowl of leftover spaghetti sauce from our recent dinner. When I looked back, the lady infront of 8 costumers before me, took one of the two packs. *haaay..please, please don't take the other one.





Customer no. 5 went in to pick her chance. My bagel and tortilla were still there. I saw a few baguette french breads..huuumh, just right for the sardine pate I had just mixed that morning. *wish,wish_ leave one or two for me.







And that 100% whole grain slice bread which I was always having second thought about purchasing because of the price. For a few slices, look how much!

I want it for my hubby who badly needed good fiber then.*Wish,wish_ that Mr. before me didn't have interest in this bread.





Finally my turn came! I got every item I wished..and more_croissants, cupcakes, cheesecake, buko pandan and those sweet tid bits.




I brought home my loot and looked forward to a week of daily breads. :)))






















1 comment:

  1. we often but coconut honey bun, mongo bun, ube bun and raisin bonnets :D

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista