Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crab Cake


There are thousands of crab cake recipes in the net which can catch one amidst of confusion. But not me, I always have my brother as my reference cook. Cooking to me came later than my brother who spent childhood eating in my mother's kitchen,his teen's copying my mother's recipe and adulthood_ cooks better than anyone in the family. Tip: he actually has his own food blog -Sweet Pinoy Recipe, which authorship he does anonymous. You could visit him at the link in the left corner of this page.



Getting back to crab cake, I realize that most recipes use canned crab meat. Ours is really fresh crab meat and and the simplicity goes with the rest of the ingredients.

Ingredients:
1lb lump crab
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs
1/4 cup onion leeks (finely chopped)
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
oil (for frying)

A common problem when making crab cakes is getting them to hold together. We resolved this by chilling the crab cakes for about an hour before frying.

Directions:

-In a bowl mix together eggs, mayo, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until creamy. Add bread crumbs and mix in evenly. Last, add in crab meat and mix evenly.

-Shape into patties (you should get about 6-9 depending on the size).

-Heat a little bit of oil in a sauté pan. Sauté crab cakes in batches for about 5 minutes on each side. Try and keep an eye on them to make sure they are not burning on the bottom. Drain on paper towels.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista