Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sinigang Na Lechon

With the Chrismas season banging in left to right parties, I'm sure the famous local dish lechon (suckling pig) would flood the dinner tables. Inevitable lechon leftovers at the end of the party.  Paksiw na lechon as a recycled lechon  recipe is a cliche' already. Although still the most practical way if you were into storage and saving for the next meal.



But if you're digging for some tasty soup, you may opt to use leftover lechon meat and skin for sinigang (tamarind based meat soup).



I did try cooking "sinigang na lechon" for dinner last night. I worked with hotel's buffet version of the dish. From my own taste memory of those I had from Filipino buffet spread in the hotels. I don't have exact recipe thu'. But turned out okey and delighted my family of  foodies.
I cooked it the way I do my regular pork sinigang. I separated the skin of lechon from the meat cos I remember enjoying a version of it in one hotel with the skin still crunchy over the hot soup. While the veggies and the lechon meat were still cooking, I reheated the lechon skin in the oven hoping to regain the crunch. 97% successful. To plate, I put the soup in a bowl and  topped with the crunchy skin.
I think could be tweak better next time.
Must try.



2 comments:

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista