Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sushi Tei - Raffles City


Looking at this photo makes me salivate and wants to run to the next Japanese resto in our area, but there's none x two. 1). No near Japanese resto here and 2). no maki like this in my country or I haven't found yet? This is my forever favorite maki from Sushi Tei in Singapore. I tried to look for it at Sakae Sushi, a Japanese resto also from Singapore which luckily we have a chain here in our country but the latter is not serving my fave maki.






Lots of similarities with each other, Sushi Tei has also conveyor belt serving sushi and maki just like Sushi Sakae.
Japanese Kaiten (conveyor belt).



It prides the open kitchen concept which seems to be  a norm to Japanese restos.



I gathered that Sushi Tei chains are all over Singapore, in other neighboring Asian cities and  even some branches in New York and Sydney. In Singapore, we frequent the one in Raffles City.



Popular with reasonably priced assorted Japanese dishes, ambiance here is never a statement of price tags. It even surprised me when girlfriend told me that it was not an upscale resto (although located in a shopping mall, the interior deceived me. Cos in my third world country a restaurant with this interior design is already upscale or is it just me being naive? haha.



After a long queue, we made it to a table right beside the conveyor belt which was ok cos we planned to slurp on sushi and maki.



Apart from the ones from the conveyor, on our table was the freshest sashimi . .



beef teriyaki and some bowls of ramen.



Now I want them all for lunch!! waaah!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista