Monday, November 14, 2011

Digging Swiss



I love the  Swiss Club in Singapore. Not only that it has super awesome recreational and relaxation facilities, it too prides itself for excellent cuisine with a number of exclusive restaurants serving the members. So happy, my Swiss girlfriend who is presently based in SG took me ( and my brother) there and I was able to indulge on my favorite Swiss dishes.



This was at the Arbenz, one of the restaurants inside the club. It serves ala carte menu of international cuisines particularly Swiss favorites.



I notice most  food blogs gave a big fuss over the complimentary breads. They usually paid huge praises over the freshness and excellence of the breads. Hmmm, they all taste the same to me, even quite similar to our breads at home ( I'm actually keen on procuring quality breads for my family ). It must be that bloggers organically are sweet creatures and that's the way they show gratitude. In this respect, please include me in the group, haha.



On the table : my brother's plate of lamb kebab. Yes, this resto serves Turkish cuisine too. Sorry, I forgot to taste it. I was busy with my own plate.



gf's hubby while cooking for us at home
I was so excited with my plate. I was secretly wishing that my girlfriend's husband  would cook for us again at  their  home. But during the duration of our most recent ( a month ago) SG visit, the husband was always out of SG attending his business commitments.



No, this is not from this resto. This was my plate full of girlfriend's husband homecooked dishes which I love.. .




. . and missed, so I ordered a plate with some similar elements like the creamy spinach. The square thingy in my plate is not a slice of bread as it looks like right there. It was a sausage or was it a ham? haha. I'm not sure. On top of it was an egg and beneath it beside the green spinach was mashed potato. Calorie packed! luveth!!




While I was digging Swiss dishes, my girlfriend had too much of  them serving daily  right  inside her home and was happy to indulge in Asian cuisine. She had a big plate of szechuan chicken which I helped myself with some pieces and really quite delicious. Perfectly sweet and spicy. Want this noooow!!!




The little misses ( my gf's daughters) had their favorites. Same grilled ham/sausage as mine, only her side dish was pasta. The sauce she was pouring here was unknown to me.



The youngest miss had her forever fave buffalo wings. I had a piece of this and found out it wasn't actually the usual spicy wings. It was less spicy but very tasty.



gf's hubby's rendition of chicken in red wine? haha, not sure what's the name
For me, gf's hubby's homecooked Swiss dishes are still the most delish.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista