Monday, January 18, 2010

BBQ Joints at the Streets of Malate

A friend who is following this blog had asked me : are you still cooking at home? it seems you're always eating out?




Ofcourse I cook, all the time. More than 3x a day!!! I feed hungry 4 tummies (includes mine) daily. I'm even quite fastidious about what I prepare for them. I count define calories, balance the intake of each, leaning to healthier foods . I try my best to achieve the most delectable home cooked meals my family could enjoy_everyday!

Before computer, at home, you could find me first infront of the stove. I can't get my mind to rest if I knew I had undone responsibilities in the kitchen. That's how kitchen geek I am_in real life!!

Yet, often times, I'm also caught in between errands outside home and these are the times that I have no choice but let my family junks out. Especially when we are already on the road, house is yet far, and it's time to eat. The alternatives would usually be the nearest to our coeval location. You know mad traffic of Manila, you can't really go farther or you get crazy!

Like the other night, we were in Malate (apparently, that would be roughly another one or 2 hours to get home, it was rush hours ) and it was dinner time. We got too much burgers and pizza from fastfood chains but neither it was practical to fine dine.




The girls wanted barbecues and I required real food like fish and veggies. So we tiptoed the streets of Malate and got a table by the road.




You know, those street bbq greasy spoon joints that spring out at the side walk when the real shops are already close _have you been there? There are lots of them in Malate at night.

Absolutely, not our first time, the girls like the noisy, polluted air of Malate streets. Imagine, you are eating on a table almost on the road with cars passing by.

It's cheap and fun once in awhile. Not bad if it's not a daily habituation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista