Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DIY Tomato Salsa/Spaghetti Sauce



Lots of tomatoes in the market. Big, plump, juicy and best of all cheap..it's in season. Ofcourse I bought_ a kilo for P20.





I decided to whisk them into a sauce or a salsa. Whatever turns out :))


From my memory box, I tried to dig some recipe from the past. The thing is for a lifetime now, I suffer from short memory span. But when it comes to food/recipe, for unknown reason to me, my cooking lessons from school or from my mother's kitchen always pop out when needed. That's sharp :)




To remove the skin of the tomatoes, I dunked each in a pot of boiling water. By batches of 3 to 4 pieces. When the skin appeared to wrinkle I transferred each to a bowl of cold water with ice on it.




The tomato should look more or less like this with some skin voluntary peeled off. The rest of the skin_ you have to remove them. Worry not, they're so easy to peel off.

After I skinned the fruit, I started to remove the seeds and squeeze unnecessary liquids off the tomato.


I chopped a half bulb of garlic and one whole medium onion and the tomatoes. Sauteed them all together, put some salt and pepper and went beyond the original recipe cheated on by sprinkling Mccormic Italian Seasoning and added store bought tomato paste.




Voila!!! My very own home made all purpose salsa for nachos and what have you..




Great too as spaghetti sauce !!! Promise_ it's del-iciousoo!!! Want some??:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista