Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dried Fish and Mango


I used to hate dried fish in my younger years. It was all nothing but saltiness to me. But lately, when I'm alone at home, I always eat dried fish with any veggies on the side. Now, when I get home to my hometown, I buy kilos of dried fish as stocks for my dailies in Manila, which I used not to have interest of doing before. I even buy at the grocery now if I ran out of stock. My, my.. no goodness! Too much salt from dried fish is surely the culprit of my plumpness these days.

I guess, as we age, our taste buds also mature and become ready with food we hated when we were younger. I saw it to my children. As they add years to their age, their food horizon also broaden.



One thing has not changed in me_ my craziness with fruits. From grapes to durian, I heart them all! It's my sweet tongue, it stays uberly mad with anything sweet through the years.



With green fruits like green apple and green mango, I'm not that crazy thu'. You know, green means sourness which against my sweet tongue. I also eat them but not as much as I savor the ripen sweet fruits.




Like Philippine mango which is the best ! It's in season now. I see a lot of them around and they are getting cheaper. I love mangoes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista