Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kenji Tei

Lately, I've been craving for Japanese food. I know, I've mentioned here too many times that it's not one of my favorite cuisines. It must be the fear of loss. You know, after the Japan's quake/tsunami tragedy, no one is sure about the thriving success of Japanese businesses all over the world. Husband would say- are you sure it's safe to eat Japanese? It's the radiation issue. I'm not sure. I'm just thinking they won't serve those food if they were crucial.

These days I'm loving sushi and ramen.Suddenly my eyes turned on to the Jap restos which I've never taken noticed before.




copy/paste fr my fb account :bday ni marla na puyat, ngarag cos it's her finals at walang time to celebrate. wawa:( after overload classes gusto daw nya ng ramen at maraming tulog. so nag ramen kami bago sya matulog. bawi tyo anak after this sem. one week nlang d ba. surprise for post celebration, promise.we ♥ ya.
The other night , the b-day celebrant who didn't have time to celebrate wanted a bowl of ramen. We went to Kenji Tei, Bf Paranaque. Ofcourse this ramen house wasn't built overnight. But since I was good ignoring Jap food before, I've never taken noticed of  this cozy little ramen house before this night.



Older daughter and I loved the zen-ness of the interior, specifically the bamboo back draft in this photo.



Daughters changed their mind and had pork (not sure what meat) teriyaki rice bowl each (P200). I taste a bit and sure it was tasty.



I asked for the best seller ramen and suggested to me the gomoku shio ramen ( P220). It had seafood and everything. I actually loved it so much! 



Husband had mabu tofu ramen ( P220), it was spicy and so great! I also liked it.



The noodles were so fresh and light. It was easy to throw away our radiation worries. . . for the meantime.
Love.love.love Kenji Tei. We'll surely go back soon.

With prayers for Japan.

2 comments:

  1. I hope they make use of local ingredients. :-) Your ramen in particular looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so very right Manila Girl. my ramen was awesome and yes I hope they would resort to use local ingredients. . radiation scares me but i love their food, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista