Friday, September 10, 2010

Fresh & Green

I always love to have stock of greens in the fridge for everyday salads. My dream is to have my own backyard garden full of greens and herbs, always ready for picking for the table. For now, I buy my supply from the grocery but am not quite sold on to the idea of second store. Given, it is a must to procure the lettuce freshest ( goes with any goods) as possible so it has a longest shelf life.




So everytime we go up to Tagaytay, I steal a side trip to drop by a garden which offers fresh pick/harvest your own greens.


Along Sta. Rosa exit (from Tagaytay), Jardinero's huge tarpaulin announcing its salad dressings had caught my road eyes. Second of all, I am also always on the look out for salad dressings.



With the help of my master taster (my hubby), we tried all of their dressings and bought two jars. We bought one for the girls, which was the regular ceasar and for the adults we got the peanut dressing ( asian dressing) which was spicy and got a lot of flavors, which I thought would suit well to drizzle atop a seafood crab-veggie salad which is my favorite.


Well, at the end of the day, this mom is happy to serve her family green and fresh, nutritious, home cooked/made foods on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista