Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kape Barako

I'm not a coffee drinker, I am a chocoholic. You would rarely see me in Starbucks as most of my flock hangouts. If I did, I would be sipping a frappuccino but never a black coffee.

Snap Facts :  Kape Barako, also spelled Baraco (English: Barako coffee) is a coffee varietal grown in the Philippines, particularly in the provinces of Batangas and Cavite. It belongs to the species Coffea liberica.Barako is the Filipino term for a the male stud of an animal, and has become associated with the image of a tough man. Kape Barako is prepared using a drip brewing device, French press, or by simply pouring hot water unto the grounds and filtering the mixture using a piece of cloth. Barako is best sweetened with honey or brown sugar. Barako can be used to make espresso and other espresso-based drinks. The term is also used to refer to all coffee coming from those provinces. 



But waking up at 6am in a beautiful garden, the mountain breeze caressing a hint of sweet chill into your spine, loved ones beside you and the strong irresistible aroma of homegrown coffee , I was just a human being to give in . .





. . to a cup of kapeng barako .
 Good morning everyone ! Have a cup of coffee and lots of love too ;}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista