Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bintan's Lunch

"gosh, if I could cut my eating habit as infrequent as I do posting here in my food blog_ I would surely hit my weight goal". - just me again feeling apologetic for not updating this blog, haha.

Anyways, I just came home from another set of trips and those photos I took?, well I gotta start sharing them to you or they'll go add up to the bulk of piles still waiting to be blog.

In Indonesia, we availed a package tour of  North Bintan and as I promised there in my travel blog, in here would be the food post. I'm not sure if the lunch that came with the tour could already be a basis of the island's authentic cuisine, but for sure I had them all over Asia.

At Aneka Seafood, we were served  the following :



calamares with sweet & chili dipping sauce. The coating was nice and already hot and the squid was bursting with freshness. The dip thu' was a lot chilier than we usually have at home. So it's dipping a hot dish in a hot sauce.. wheeew.



kangkong. I'm not sure if it was with sambal, maybe. I'm not so familiar with sambal, but I heard_ there, they like to mix sambal in their kankong dishes. Again this is one hot dish.



fried fish. Don't ask me what fish please. I don't know, but it looks familiar like our local talakitok. Well, obviously, I was so unsure of the details of the dishes. No one near to us spoke English. Everytime, I tried to throw question to the server, he would just politely smile. . total silence followed.
Anyway, I like this fish dish with tasty garlicky toppings. Among the dishes, this was the only one normal, I mean in my personal "hot" standard.



That's all. Only 3 viands and rice.



Ofcourse, each of us enjoyed fresh coconut water in the shell. It was also a good match  to the hotness of the dishes.
If you want to see the place, jump here please.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista