Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yoswirls



At Shangrila Mall, my girls saw this Yoswirls scooping station with few table seats and insisted to have a cup for each. It's another froyo (frozen yogurt) product joining the bandwagon of yogurt cafes making waves in the metro. The girls and I love yogurt. Actually it's icecream that we truly love! But for healthy option, we go for yogurt_ when available.





Similar to other froyos, you get to choose your toppings for a separate price. Yoswirls is a product of BTIC ( Better Than Icecream). Years ago, when yogurt wasn't yet popular as today is,  I would buy from BTIC scooping station in selected malls. Back then froyo wasn't yet a word and yogurt wasn't so accessible as it is now.

BTIC yogurt is more bland in taste for my sweet palate, compared to many other new froyos we frequent. Hadn't the vendor of Yoswirls been quick to announce that they were on buy1 take1 promo, I would have had discouraged my girls, haha. Even the syrup and toppings were on B1T1. Beside, the vendor was also quick to add that their pastry was also on sale. Well, she was successfully used the right  keyword  to this cheapskate consumer (miser me! haha).



I had my eye on this pecan? (almond? forgot what nuts) chocolate slice.



Hence, we also added to try their other pastry which names escape me now. Everything was chocolate thu', the other one was  of white choco.



As expected this froyo was short in flavors and really at this point you have to rely on the toppings and syrup. The way to enjoy it is to constantly remind yourself  that its' non-fat and low-cal per spoonful you shove to your mouth. haha. I would rather have a piece of peace of yogurt than a full of guilt regular icecream, haha.



As for the cakes, they all ended in this take-out brown bag. Not wasted cos when husband picked us from the mall, he gorged on them while driving, haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista