Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mongolian Barbecue Quick Stop

Yesterday was another Saturday grocery day. We arrived at the mall a bit an hour and half passed 12 noon. Although we had a late filling breakfast, everyone was already too hungry to argue with me when I led them to Mongolian Barbecue. I really wanted to eat quick vegetable meal and to the rest I knew they always like barbecues. Fair enough?!



Never mind the seemingly confused theme of the interior_ balloons and bamboos? fiesta ba ito??



I was not actually familiar with the menu. I dined here maybe once and couldn't recall how long ago it has been. On the contrary, my girls, surprisingly knew right away what to order.Or was it_the ranting tummies who ordered quick?



While the not- so- starving tum-me, proceeded to the bar to fill up my veggie bowl.




In a minute, I got disoriented. I didn't know what to make up of my bowl..



( hey,another minute had taken me by and I was still at the " start here") I got stuck at the first phase of choices..










Rice or noodle? Noodle_which one?, the flat or the thin? I put them both, the flat and the thin.











I was now at the second level_ the veggies. No sweat here, I put them all.The more the merrier, I mean_ healthier.








I advanced to the spices rounds. Another "all in" choices. I put garlic, spring onion, chilis, peanuts, all together in sync!



About to graduate, I reached the meat society_ shrimp, squid, chicken, pork, beef and two others. Well, it was a party, I let them all in to my bowl!



..And finally the colorful condiments. Oh, don't make me try naming each, they are too plenty to mention. Each one of them, took its righteous place on my now loaded bowl. I passed it on to the server for cooking. haay!
I went back to my family's table and found them already with their plates.


On the table :


The youngest Kyla's mongolian bbcue.



Szechuan (*not sure of the spelling) spicy beef rice toppings.



My older girl Myka's fried chicken. haha! What's new? Whenever we eat in a fastfood she eats nothing but rice and f chicken.



My girls took a fancy with the packaging of this canned pepsi. They said it (the design) looked like more of an air freshener than a softdrink.They think it's cute thu'.



..And now presenting..my mongolian bowl !which took my multiple choice strenght to a test, all ended well with all of the above in .hehe!

The verdict: luvluvluvit. Definitely, we'll come back here. Healthy, tasty, and cheap_ in a nice way. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista