Friday, August 28, 2009

Vigan Empanada


Vigan empanada is one of the two variants of Ilocos empanada.( the other one is the Batac empanada with orange shell.) Empanada from Ilocos is so much different from empanada I grew up eating, particularly from Cavite which is meaty, cheesy and sweet. If I had tasted the Vigan empanada in my youngster years of meat sauce, I'm sure I wasn't going to like it.



But now at this stage of my palate's evolution, when I couldn't appreciate a dish without veggies, Vigan empanada is just right to my aged taste always open for new concoctions.
As fillings, it has green papaya, cabbage, longanisa and egg. Garnish with vinegar mixed.






Whereelse would like to savor Vigan empanada but in the place where it was rooted_



_ In Ilocos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista