Friday, August 28, 2009

Are They Crustaceans?


Anybody out there who knows how you call these crustaceans (that's my opinion :>) either in english or tagalog?



I bought them from a wet market and forgot to ask what they were called. I just knew from the memories of my childhood that they are edible, I'm sure about this thu'. But I had forgotten how they tasted. I asked the vendor how to cook them.
It's like the way you cook/steam your shrimps and crabs.Basically, just sprinkle with salt, cover it and cook until it turns to color red.



My hubby taught me how to open the shell. It's similar to opening a lobster. You press the soft side of tummy part, then tear it apart easily.

Oooh soo yummy. It tastes like shrimp and crab combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista