Sunday, July 19, 2009

Highlands Steak House, Moa


Sssshhh.. quiet.. another food tripping is on going here..

The typhoon "Isang" had canceled school classes of my girls last Friday. I went to the gym and met my foodie cuzin' Cheri and her kid Bianx for lunch. We went to Highlands Steak House in Moa, which is owned by Henry Sy himself. It is affialated with the Highlander Steak House in Tagaytay Highlands.



Located at the 2nd floor , facing the sea, we could feel the strong wind blows of Isang. The clouds were really dark.




We started with a bowl of very hot clam chowder soup.












My niece  had a blast with the complimentary breads. She asked me to slice them thinly which she enjoyed spreading them with butter before eating them.

On the table:




When our salad_ Green Bistro was served I was truly delighted. I loved that there were slices of pomelo, honeydew melon, pineapple,watermelon and grape in the salad. At home, I could only manage to include one to two kinds of fruit in my own salad creations. We requested for two different dressings_ one for me and Cuz'.













Cuz' and I begun to attack the plate of greens, niece who had  no interest with the salad, started to busy herself playing around the place , taking photos of each corner.























Well, I guess, these photos taken by my niece, are enough to describe the place.

On the table :







Our main dishes were served, niece settled back to the table. We had a taste of their green mango concoction.








Kid's meal - barbecue porkchop







Baby back ribs with veggies and rice pilaf








Salpicao, baked potato,mixed veggies




Steaks are certified angus beefs and expected to be costly. They range from P1,200 for smallest cut to P1,7oo. Depending on the size and variant. Buffet is around P1,800 per plate, if I
remember it right.


The verdict :





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely wordless verdict! He-he. Liked the greens and the reds, but what really caught my attention is eating bread during the rainstorm. With the sea as backdrop. Very cozy. I like bad weather only for the temperature. I will definitely check that restaurant out, especially because Henry Sy owns it. That's an interesting info. Check out my food blog as well http://finelifeonabudget.weebly.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ BIO

    > tnx for the visit and the nice words
    > sure to visit your site too
    > do come back anytime
    > :D

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista