Saturday, July 4, 2009

Java Plum


Duhat

Common names: Lomboy (Ilokano, Bisaya); Java plum, black plum.



The other day, my daughter held a plate of duhat from her Lola Mom (my mother-in-law). All the while she thought it was a bunch of grapes. She took one and made a face, went to me and reported_mom! lola's grapes tasted weird!

Oh my gosh! I realized my almost 10 yer old girl was totally clueless about this, while I grew -up with "duhat" as my grapes.

Anyway, to cut the story short, I introduced the fruit to her but it was too late_ she had made up her mind, she would rather eat her chocolate and had no appetite for fruit right now, especially
that one.

Ofcourse, that plate of duhat ended up in my tummy. Sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista