Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fresh Lumpia, A Street Food




Fresh lumpia is a staple in husband diet.Every morning of weekends,visits to his nearby hometown (Bacoor,Cavite) to eat this local delicacy is a regular activity.As a willing companion, I would usually consume 2 to 3 rolls at the most when I'm hungry and the guy would savor up to 10 rolls in one standing (yes, standing,there's no chair and table there).




Flash back to his childhood in the town of Bacoor,this fresh lumpia was his street food.It was sold in a cart pushed in the streets of the town by a familiar Aling Doray,now a local legend, the vendor.Young and adults then would gather around the cart to buy and eat the fresh lumpia using a common spoon to put the sauce and chili-garlic to the freshly bitten rolls and alternately share the one and only wooden spoon!!




Back to the present, Aling Doray had passed away many years ago,and she took with her the famous wooden spoon.Good thing, she was able to pass down her recipe to her clan and thus the same fresh lumpia recipe that my husband used to savor when he was a kid is exactly the same fresh and delicious lumpia he is enjoying now with me and sometimes with the kids and relatives who get curious about this humbly delicious lumpia.






















taste.taste.taste


I went my way to learn to cook this at home.The recipe is actually very simple.The ingredients are nothing but familiar and commonly available anywhere in our country.













My own version of this recipe is already a favorite of my family at home. Mine has lots of vegetable variations. But the weekend visits to the street cart continues.Simply because..and I super agree with him_a street food is best savor in the street!!Wherelse??!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista