Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sizzling Hot Pepper Steak

I've seen this resto first at Festival Mall, one time we had our weekly grocery there. The place was packed with diners and we had to wait for a seat outside. While waiting, I noticed some uniqueness of the set up of the place. Each table had its own overhead exhaust ( I don't know the right term for it, so I'm just describing) and the sizzling plates were served with paper headbands circled around.



Then, we were served a table. When we were seated, it occured to me that I had already dined in the same resto twice or thrice, only in another branch.


So we ignored the video presentation on how to cook the steak in the middle of the busy restaurant and proceeded to order. We ordered four different pepper steak rice dishes so we could compare. I just added salad and soup.




It might be the bulk of people that day or whatever, but our food took a little while to be delivered. So we busied ourselves watching the instructional video anyway. We noticed the how does it work page in the menu which proudly emphasized their use of "expediently fast patented hot plate system".




Then came our salad and soup. Not bad, even tastier_especially the salad. Followed by the sizzling plates.




Our table got clouded with smoke and immediately went on with the advised procedures, to cook the steak right away so as to prevent the meat to harden. We ate and went home.

And then we forgot all about it not until my kid talked about it to her cousin while we were shopping at the mall lately and it was lunch time. We were at Glorietta and found one branch at G5.




This branch was a lot smaller but had tables outside_al fresco. My cousin and her kid wanted inside so we waited for a table.




While waiting outside, the crew asked for our order (how nice!). I guided my cousin according to our previous experience of the menu.








We ordered the same, except the kids wanted to try the kids meal so we added the pork and shrimp platter.








My cousin was happy with the colors and freshness of the kani salad.




Our rice teriyaki pepper steak plates arrived and I thought it was not as smokier as it was when we had it the first time. You have to quickly turn the meat to other sides or they would harden.




Then immediately mix them all together_the rice,meat and veggies.




While we were busy starting to savor our steaks, there were people in the table who were starting to get grumpy. The kids! Their meals hadn't arrived yet.




Finally, the food arrived and the girls found their smiles back to their faces.



Saikoro and shrimp. I was wondering if the kids would like them. But the waiting made them hungry, I guessed they would finish them and so I thought. They left the shrimp actually. They were not happy with a hint of oil in their tongues when they took a bite.




Unsatisfied with her plate, my girl attacked my left over. The serving was quite big for me.




There was one happy plate in the table thu'. The verdict: see for your self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista