Friday, March 4, 2011

SG: Food Republic @ Vivo City

In Singapore, if you came from Sentosa and you ignored dining in the island (cos 1. you were too busy having fun and 2. you are like us who were budget travelers), chances were_ you would land to Vivo City with ranting tummies. So we looked for a place to eat in Vivo but again budget restriction made us pass on a wished resto like:



Marche', a world popular Swiss resto serving all fresh ingredients and freshly cooking right infront of your eyes. Look how the long queue of patrons reached outside the entrance door.



So a little walk, still on top of the Vivo City, brought us inside Food Republic which was just fitting our budget and food choices were just interestingly awesome like other hawkers around the city which we preferred under this travel status.




So here was the set meal I got for SG$10_



A rice meal inside a bamboo which had mushroom and some meat I couldn't exactly identify . It came with a soup, a mango pudding and a drink which I regretted not to ask what flavor, first before buying.



All down the trash. First of all, I'm not a rice person, especially that mushy type being used in our local suman dishes. I don't even like arroz de valenciana for that matter. So why this meal? I like the bamboo, haha. The soup was forgettable. The mango pudding was too soft . And the juice, the juice!! was my hatest drink! It's the juice version of the one I had in my latest Boracay trip ( see here). It was a plum juice. Sorry, but I don't like any salty hint in my drink.



Good thing, I never missed to order ais kachang which was a savior.



So, I ended up pinching a little of the following from my travel buddies' plates :



chicken wings



roti prata- mutton curry



forgot what this called but it was a chicken rice, more like our local chicken asado but with a distinct Asian taste.



It was on our way out when I realized that fresh fruits here were not that expensive and selling as affordable as the ones in downtown's hawkers. Had I known it earlier, I would surely have had a plate of mixed fresh fruits.

2 comments:

  1. we go there too to eat when we're in SG. chicken rice or toast box.. <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sure is way a lot better than our food courts here in P.I., right pink cookies?:J

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista