Monday, March 7, 2011

Yummy Viet


Brother loves Vietnamese cuisine. I am not a fan. So when he saw Yummy Viet at Smith St., Chinatown in Singapore, he couldn't resist.


 Yummy Viet was small but claimed to serve authentic Vietnamese dishes. We entered and right away believed by the language the servers were using, that it was indeed serving authentic. No problem, we're easy, haha.



Well, I could only careless about the long list of dishes in the menu. My Vietnamese food knowledge begins and ends with only one dish _ the summer rolls ( fresh lumpia/lumpiang sariwa ). I don't even like their noodle soups cos I suspect they put lemon grass ( tanglad ) in them which my taste buds find it stranged.



Ok, let's get back to the summer rolls, so I got 2 pieces for SG$3.50. At the next table, customers could see batches of fresh rolls being prepared.



It was so good, I had to order another set. A lot better than what I had here.



Brother had this bread dish and reiterated that this should not be the way to serve it. He expertly said  that it should be sandwiched instead of dipping the bun in the egg sauce. No idea! I couldn't even recall the name of the dish. One thing was sure, he liked it so much, he didn't even care to let us taste it. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista