Sunday, January 27, 2013

Xin Wang Hongkong Cafe . Ph


Nice, an outlet of XinWang Hongkong Cafe here in Ph. It's in MOA. I've come to know this cafe during my trips in Singapore. At Sg, there's one at Bukit Timah right outside the gate of my friend's village where I would stay everytime I visit the lion city. Hence, that branch became our default dining place when we wish to eat near.






Similar to the one I know in Sg, this one in MOA has a happy vibe interior. A mix of pop art walls, zen tables and Chinese ceiling.



Interested to check if the menu was exactly the same with the one at Sg. I saw familiar dishes and decided to try some that I haven't yet..



.. but I made sure to introduce to older daughter, this giant mango snow ice which personally has been my favorite from this cafe.



This was mine in Sg.. Compare, compare to..



..hers in Ph. No doubt o.daughter whose taste seems to be a twin of mine, likes it too. Ofcourse,  it was too big for her and didn't finish it. She immediately thought of her sole sister who was at home that time.The attentive server suggested to box the left over for take home. It arrived home melted ofcourse but a little freezing and the mango snow ice got back to its form. Not the way it has been plated thu', but definitely my younger daughter enjoyed the rest of it.



deep fried mango n' prawn roll. With green salad I always love the combination of mango and shrimp. I took a bite of the roll and realized I'd stick with the combi on salad. I needed some dip to finish the rest of the roll and ask a server for some. He said it is eaten w/o like that. I didn't like it.



black pepper chicken chop n' french fries. This was my daughter's plate. I forked a little of the chicken and it was ok. Edible but nothing to rave about. Daughter like it thu'. Oh well, she was hungry, she would like anything on the table.



I ordered a bamboo rice. wt#!!! I forgot a promise I made to myself that I won't have any bamboo rice again after the mistake I made of having one here.



Hk braised beef brisket bamboo rice. A rice topping dish with beef brisket. The rice I was thinking, I would share with my daughter since her dish had no rice and she wanted some rice. But the rice, we didn't like. It was mixed with dried small shrimp ( I think it's called "hebe" in tagalog ). I am never a rice person, I don't know what came to me to order a bamboo rice, haha. Again, wasted!



Even in Singapore, I couldn't remember enjoying the food at Xin Wang Cafe, except for the snow ice. In fairness, in MOA branch, service was the best!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista