Thursday, January 24, 2013

Balut


Looks like I'm a vendor here, yes?
And what do you think I'm selling here..
haha.
Could be I had ran out of mollah to pay the hotel and fares and resolved to do some work?
Possibilities.
haha.



This was in Boracay. Balut by the beach_ best combi! I just had the sudden craving of balut when I saw those random people ( I didn't know them ) eating balut right in front of the hotel.

best eaten when hot, crack the egg to make a window then drizzle with salt and  spicy vinegar mix, then slurp, slurp..try to ignore the embryo instead try to think of it as part of the softie yolk, enjoy!



I swear I never had that much of balut ever. Even when I ate balut with husband, my max would only be up to two. That night I had like 4 eggs. And I was like wanting more but had to stop myself. Why? Cos I didn't want to end up in the hospital, silly.



Balut is a boiled duck embryo and quite popular here in my country and in some others around Southeast Asia.
It's not for everyone thu'. So for the benefit of the aliens, I won't share here a close-up shot of it. But if you're keen_ do google balut. You'll see what I'm sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista