Monday, August 27, 2012

Icebergs' Halohalo


This was a prelude snack to our buffet (@ Vikings ) dinner with my friend who was in her a month long visit to Ph. but got only a day for me to spend. #sourgraping#. haha. Kidding aside, I understand how these "balikbayan" vacationers always with hectic holiday schedule. You know Filipino culture with dozens of relatives and friends to meet up, I'm just thankful my overseas friends never forget to spare time for me whenever they get to visit.



Anyway, while walking around  MOA, we passed by this ice cream parlor and the bold "halohalo" poster on the wall didn't fail to entice my friend to get us all inside. The place is called Icebergs serving not only cold desserts but other dishes too. The likes of sisig, lechon kawali, etc. Yet, we couldn't care less about the other dishes as I mentioned we were heading for a huge dinner buffet at Vikings in an hour and a little so.



Our eyes were fixed only and nothing else but to the halohalo on the wall. Quickly, exact replicas of the halohalo on the wall had been served on our table.



I was happy about the exactness of the real thing against the photo ad. At this point I was so used of getting the lesser version of a dish when served on the table and so much unlike the one in the menu or poster ads. My bff couldn't agree less and was also so happy about her jumbo halohalo.



I'm far so much far from a big eater. I would always and would never finish a dish that much. Even halohalo in a smaller glass/bowl, I never at once got to finish it. There would always wasted left over if husband isn't around to finish my dish. But this time? I surprised myself for finishing the whole dish all the way down. That good! Yes! I claim that it's the best halohalo in town. No cheat. Every little ingredient was good. Really, I would definitely comeback to Icebergs when halohalo craving hits me next. I just hope to find nearer oultlet, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista