Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beyond Max's Fried Chicken


Everyone comes to Max's Restaurant for the chicken. After all it was built by fried chicken. Except me! With my girls and husband, we don't actually frequent Max's as much as I did with my parents & relatives when I was growing-up. But when we do, expect me to order anything but the famous fried chicken. My eldest girl would always have the quarter platter thu'.



I'm not sure why I'm not so much liking the Max's fried chicken when the whole country does. Maybe I had enough of it when I was a child. But I was sure as I am now that I don't like their banana catsup. They used to serve a house blended catsup. Today they are using Jufran which I still don't like cos it's still the same banana....catsup, haha.



When we find ourselves at Max's, it surely not my idea...



.. but the dad's.




Neither, it's the fried chicken for him. He has found his favorite dish here long time ago and always push us to go with him everytime he's craving for it.



It's the sizzling tofu. That's it and nothing else. He would order a whole dish of it. None of us would share. No one likes it, haha. Then a portion of it would always be left. Upon bill out, he would ask for the left over to take home. At home he would throw the take out bag inside the ref. When I do the weekly cleaning of ref I would find it untouched and wasted. Down the trash.

But I love Max's snacks. So one time it was lunch but I had no appetite for rich Filipino dishes that they serve other than chicken, so I ordered snacks. Youngest daughter felt the same so we snacked during that lunch, haha.



We shared slices of clubhouse sandwich and we ended filled with satisfaction.



And yes they have one of the best "pansit luglug" in town. It's as delicious as it looks in this photo.



I also went to try their "halo-halo" for the first time and thu' it didn't disappoint, it wasn't the best one I had.



Yet quite better than other fastfood chain's halohalo like that of Chowking's. The serving is also big.



I just have to insert this snapped photo of us_ looks so Max's, right? haha. Looks as 65 years old as Max's is.



And end this post with this one. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista