Friday, October 29, 2010

Two Plates of Shrimp


I'm not sure if shrimps/prawns have  their own season and if there is, it must be these days cos  I've seen a lot of them in the wet market I'm frequenting for three subsequent Sundays now. They are also much affordable these days.
So every week I have shrimp supply in the freezer ready when the need and craving arise. Funny, but my younger daughter doesn't like shrimp. I don't really cook it so much for hubby either cos I'm watching his calorie/fat intake. He does have it on a limited portion and only as much as possible when steamed.
So usually. it's me and my older girl who indulge.
The other night, hubby was still away for a 4 days out of town job and y.daughter was already in bed. O.daughter was still busy with homeworks and was looking for a snack.
I :

1).Took out the shrimp from the frezeer
2). and while thawing, I made a batter for the cover of the shrimp.quickly  
3). Cracked an egg,
4). dipped the peeled, salted & peppered shrimp and coated it with the batter.
5). Then threw each in a deep frying oil.



Voila ! ! Nothing but yummyness !! Also while I was frying, my multi-tasking hands were cooking a sweet and sour dip sauce. Nice and easy. Daughter was very happy with our midnight shrimp cocktail !

But hey, my shrimp indulgence didn't end there. Last night, hubby was back home from the city of strawberry and vegetables _ Baguio City! so ofcourse he brought home what? _
1).strawberry
2). and lettuce
( and many other delicacies from this highland). Two of my favorite foods in the world.
And since, I hadn't taken my dinner when he arrived, I quickly whipped a salad _ lettuce was so fresh and the strawberry was not perfectly sweet. Perfect to add mild sourness to this salad :



Wowmmmy !!!! Looks Christmas is already here huh! The peeled steamed shrimp was just so right with the rest of the members of this plate. Dressing was an easy mayo-herb-y which I prepared in a whip.



When la familia saw this plate, it was gone in less than 5 minutes !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista