Monday, August 23, 2010

Durian Spikes

I still burp the after taste of durian and wear the infamous smell of durian, my ever favorite smelly fruit. Coming from Davao City where this fruit hails popularly in this side of the universe, I did ofcourse take back home some for my can't- get- over- it- cravings. I don't have issues with frozen durian. I actually prefer mine frozen which to me taste like an ice cream.






Cuzin' knew how we are forever yearning for the king of fruits and brought us to a durian market the soonest she could when we woke up the following day.











Buying durian ( or any fruits) here in Davao is a breath of fresh air. The customer  calls the shot. You  taste first with the privilege to buy or not. Here the customer is always right!






Best thing, you don't have to wait to get home to answer your craving. They have dine-in tables on the spot.






This month of August is Davao's Kadayawan Festival. We were there just few days ago and how delighted we were to realize that this month is also the harvest season when almost all fruits found in this province are in abundance and therefore nth times cheaper. I saw durian everywhere around the city. So opposite of scarce supply in my island see here and here .



durian tart



durian yema



Old time favorite durian sweets are yema, pastillas , tart , ice cream, shakes, but this time I was so happy to find all new favorites :



durian meringue tarts









durian pie, so magical. luv.luv. it!



durian ice candy! wowee!



durian_ _? those in square plastics ready to use for durian float ( ala mango float)



Trivia for this durian trip 2010 : cuzin' Joey had introduced us to 12 varieties of durian. Oh please don't ask me to name each and describe _ I can't! But I realize how diverse each variant is. There's one which is pure sweetness, there's one that is bitterly sweet, garlicky sweet. . so on and so forth. All are interestingly del-i-cious !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista