Friday, August 6, 2010

Dear Darla

Dear Darla,

How's your gastronomy doin'?
As for me, ..not doin' well. You see, these past weeks my kitchen remains famished of fresh & nutritious supplies. I hardly cook now a days. If I did _ it would mean using a can opener (corned beef/sardines/spam), chopping a clove of garlic and a bulb of onion. Sizzles them together in  a pan and throw-in the contents of the can.
You see, these days, my hubby is always out on weekends for a basketball season in the office which is creating havoc in my weekends fresh market schedule. Can't do it all by myself. The market is quite far and commuting is not an option. hello? How can I carry those gazillion kilos?

So mostly, you would see our faces dining in  fastfood chains. Ouch !! Really, I'm hurting in so many ways. It hurts me to let my family eat junks with delight. Ofcourse they love fast food especially my 10 year old girl and the dad. Two members of my family whose weight and health should be taken with utmost care. My and my college girl's shared diet is also in jeopardize with these unhealthy carbs.. and a big ouch to my budget! Omg! Imagine how multiplied by nth times dining out is costing us. huhuhu! I'm not likin' it, really I hate this situation.

For the meantime, I'm trying to work it out a lil' right. For instance, last night , the family opted for another quick pizza dinner. So acted quick by announcing that I was going to choose which variant.

And I chose you Dear Darla ! Cos atleast you had some fresh alfalfa sprouts and arugula leaves. The fact is since I had I tasted you last year, you became my favorite pizza. To me you are much healthier than other vege variants cos others are loaded with heavy cheese, not healthy!


nice, sweet! they left a slice for me! whaat?? just one?





You are also fun to eat.  Take a slice. Top with arugula and alfalfa. Drizzle (optional) with spices. Roll it. Bite. Chew. Happiness.



You are beautiful Dear Darla.. .once in a while.

Yours Truly,
My 3rd & 7th Sense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista