Monday, February 8, 2010

I Luv Durian


The other night, I always craved for durian. This king of fruits is quite expensive here in Manila that my cravings oftenly end up with total deprivation. Besides, it's not always available.

This was one point that I could no longer fight my durian fever. It was already late and the nearest possible place to buy durian was in Macro which is my preferred store for this fruit. It's a little cheaper there than in other stores, especially when you buy in bulk 5 kls and up, you get special discounted price.

Lucky me, there were ripe durians. I actually dropped by the store the other week to check for the fruit but all were yet not ready and still green.

My love for durian started during my younger days visits to my relatives in Davao who actually own durian farms_ ( yuhooo! kuya Dodong & family!! mind to send some? ).

Not everyone likes durian. Most people in my circle even hate it for its strong smell. I love its sweet caramel smell. Well I guess_ it really is an acquired taste.



Going back to buying durian in Macro, I asked the sales lady to open it for me. She declined and said the one assigned to do it was on break. I insisted and even succeeded in convincing her to do it herself . The lady insisted back on offering me to buy the two pieces which weighed more than 5 kls. together so I could buy on a special price.



ohlalala ...


Mom, apple is a lo lot better than your smelly fruit !!








Ofcourse I only bought a piece. See how plenty seeded pieces were there in one piece. Just enough to fill up my craving.





I like my durian to be frozen. It's like eating an ice cream. Sweet, creamy and cold. But since my mouth was already watering, I got a piece before I retired to bed and put the rest in the freezer.

Well, the following day, I managed to finish it in one sitting. Happiness !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista