Sunday, February 14, 2010

Salcedo Saturday Market

Last Saturday my daughter Marla had the earliest 7am college entrance exams in Makati. So after dropping her in the school, how do you think I should kill my time waiting? Malls?, nah, too early.

Up we went to Saturday market in Salcedo for breakfast and ofcourse to see what's new and to buy some organic stuff. Remember my post about Sunday market at Legaspi, Makati? see here . That's for Sunday shopper. This one for Saturday people.





My hotdog crazy Kyla went straight to the sausage booth. Me, I don't eat meat in am. It's like my stomach is not yet ready for heavy stuff on breakfast. I go for fruits and pastries.






Going around, I nibbled light piaya( originated from the province of Iloilo) from a 12pcs/box I bought to bring home. These are so good and being cooked right infont of your eyes. So you buy them fresh and hot.




I started going around and saw familiar stuff..




Like these ready-to-go dishes for lunch and dinner and the usual delicacies from different provinces of our country.


puto, rice cake


fresh carabao's milk



shrimp paste


green Philippine mangoes



different variants of dried fish and bottled of sweets : my favorite macapuno & nata which I bought a bottle of each




strawberry and lettuce from Baguio




jars of cookies and preserves





looking for something new...



giant mushrooms, imported



blackberries?, imported



alfalfa sprouts, imported




wheat grass fresh juices and other products from this healthy craze of the hour



Chinese dimsums cart, in time for CNY




Thai dishes from Thailand, whereelse?










Foreigners who stay in condos and villages in Makati, like the expats and their families frequent this market. That's why there are lots of different international booths/stalls around here. There's Greek, Thai, American, to name a few.



there are also handcrafted stuffs which are surely a hit for the foreigners and locals like me



plants for sale


and flowers too



I was little disappointed coz there's no nachos. I used to buy bags of it to stack in my pantry ready to get as cravings arise.





The following day was the Chinese New Year, that explained the dragon all set to roar.





The girl behind the lens, Kyla, my sweet girl who enjoyed the market with me. We were now ready to pick up her sis Marla who called to tell us she was done with the exams.


Align Center

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista