Friday, February 4, 2011

Cnt Lechon Cebu


When the cab dropped us at CnT Lechon across SM, Cebu City, I was kindah in doubt. First of all, the building looked no similar to the ones I saw in others' blogs which was a huge hut resto infront of SM. This one looked like an office building with a basement car parking entrance. But the driver insisted this was the one.  You have to take stairs to get to the upper floor which was where the CnT resto located.





I confess I'm not  a big fan of  lechon Cebu ( see Hecky's Lechon here ). I like the fact that it's already seasoned  even before it undergoes the roasting process,  but I hate that lechon Cebu doesn't come with our traditional sarsa (liver sauce dip). So usually when I chanced upon a lechon Cebu in a gathering , I cheated my way to eating it with sarsa.



We entered the place at its low peak hour ( 2pm), just the way I planned it. I gathered that it was so popular and always crowded especially during lunch and dinner hours.



Cuzin'  was excited to buy kilos of  lechon for pasalubong especially when she found out that the establishment pack/box it as you order. Now we had a major problem here, the staff said there was no available at that moment and we had to wait near dinner for the next batch of  lechon. Ofcouse we couldn't wait ! We had to be at the airport at 5pm. So the pasalubong puffed out in the air.
That was ok,we just decided to dine- in. Anyway, we hadn't taken our lunch yet. We were roaming around the city the whole day.  But then there was another problem_ no lechon either for dine-in. So we just settled for these ( the only available foods) :



paksiw na lechon




crunchy pig's small intestine


In sync, we took our first hungry spoonful of rice and the paksiw. In unison we both commented how salty it was and that it was so different from our Tagalog paksiw na lechon which we still preffered. Next we both took a spoonful of rice and the intestine dipped in the vinegar_ salty!!! . . . so in the end we surprised ourselves when we realized that we consumed everything we ordered. Nothing left. We left the place still asking ourselves, were we just hungry or the foods were better than we thought???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista